This event has been cancelled. A similar program will be held January 23 or 24 at the Hyatt in New Brunswick as part of the LSRPA's NJ Site Remediation Conference.
Resources to Jump Start Your Vacant Property Redevelopment
Followed by Networking on the Patio
2 NJ LSRP CECs Approved
Applying for NJ CLEs
Training Facility, 111 Wood Avenue, South Iselin, NJ
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 from 3:00pm to 7:00pm
3:30-3:40pm Welcoming Remarks
- Steve Jaffe, President, Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE)
- Mike Poland, LSRP, Mott MacDonald
3:45-4:45pm Panel Discussion: New Jersey Incentives for Sustainable Development
Vacant and contaminated properties blight neighborhoods, reduce the tax base, pose health risks and stymie local job creation. The good news is that housing, commercial development, recreational areas and solar energy have been developed successfully on remediated brownfield properties.
This panel will share the recipe for those successes. We'll discuss some financial and technical resources available to New Jersey municipalities and redevelopers to accomplish sustainable remediation and redevelopment.
- Jean Hamerman, CCLR, on Sustainable Jersey Brownfields Task Force
- Judy Karp, NJ Environmental Infrastructure Trust
- Trevor Shields, NJDEP, NJ Environmental Infrastructure Financing Program
- Wanda Monahan Esq., Law Offices of Wanda Chin Monahan, LLC & BCONE Board Member
Moderator: Geoff Forrest, LSRP, Dresdner Robin & BCONE Board Member
4:45-5:45pm Panel Discussion: Using the Marketplace to Drive Redevelopment
New financial tools, insurance products and other risk management instruments, recent court decisions and advancements in cleanup methods and technology all impact the brownfield remediation and redevelopment industries.
This panel will discuss opportunities to put these tools together to assist with your projects.
- Gordon C. Duus, Esq., Partner, Mandelbaum Salsburg
- Mark Vigneri, ERFS
- John Scagnelli, Esq. Partner, Scarinci Hollenback & LSRPA Board of Trustees
Moderator: Elizabeth Limbrick, NJII & BCONE Advisory Council member
5:45-6:00pm Summary and Conclusion: Susan Boyle, GEI Consultants and Executive Director, BCONE
6:00-7:00pm Networking Reception on the Patio
Join us for hors d'oeuvres and drinks. This is a great time to talk informally with panelists, friends, colleagues and new contacts.
Contact Sue Boyle, Executive Director, BCONE at email@example.com or (856) 608- 6860
- $50 for BCONE Private Sector Members.
- $60 for LSRPA members seeking 2 CECs.
- $100 for Private Sector who are not members of BCONE or LSRPA.
- $25 for municipal attendees, members of partnering non-profit associations, those from educational institutions.